I haven’t written in the longest time, and that’s a cryin’ shame. I have one message for you:
KEEP THE FAITH.
I have been on the internet far too much and found it full of lies. KEEP THE FAITH, in a world that hourly twists the knife, that hourly tells you that:
- You are being traumatized or victimized simply by having a body;
- That one gender, race, or political party has ALL the answers and all the rest of humanity is lying;
- That EVERYONE is out to get you;
- That even the most benign behaviors in your neighbors are driven by secretly evil or racist/sexist/biased motives;
- That propagating the human species is evil; that life itself is evil.
The amount of hate, evil, lies, and unrest are at epic proportions today. Nobody’s even bothering to check facts anymore; if it’s stated, it’s accepted as truth, and that “truth” is propagated widely.
There are things in this world that can convince you that HATE and DESPAIR are valid mindsets. There is a kind of mental gymnastics that will tell you that everything, no matter how awful or false, is true, fair, and good. The most monstrous people that have ever lived, felt their actions were justified.
I don’t even know where I was going with this. But reject the lies, get out in the sunlight, keep the faith.
- Morgan Grace Hart